Wednesday 20 January 2016

Evaluation for documentary


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6D-PAOEDJ4


After presenting my documentary to the client the feedback that he gave me was that they enjoyed the introduction of my documentary with the time-laps going as its something different compared to what most documentarys will do and use as there introduction. They also liked the music that I had playing behind it as I made it seem happy and cheery even though the topic area was quite a dark and bad one. Th reason why I decided to do this is because this is kind of like what happened before the riots happened, as in it was all calm and happy and nothing seemed different but then the mood just changed and switched from that to become dark and even a bit scary for some people. They also liked the way that they time-laps cut when the beat came. I decided to do this because I thought that it would look a lot more smarter and would make the time-laps and the song look and seem like there were in time with each other.

After my main target audience had watched my documentary the feedback that they gave me was that they enjoyed the introduction and time-laps also because they said it was different and made it seem like the documentary could be interesting and entertaining. They also said that they would of liked to see more interviews and more interviews with a variety of different people as I had only interviews two different people and they were both the same gender and weren't that different other than there opinions and what answers that they gave.

The peer and Tutor feedback that I got also said that they liked the time-laps as it really set the mood and made them want to continue watching it and really dragged them into and and wanted to find out what it was about and why it had been made since most of my peers are mostly from around that region or have been there before and know what the atmosphere and setting is like. They also said that they would of liked to see more information being put into there about why it all happened and in greater detail about how this came to an end. The reason why I only put a limited amount of information into it is because all the detailed information was difficult to find and most of the clips and documentary's where I found this in had been copyrighted so that mean that I was unable to use it within my own documentary. Also I was very close to the deadline of when my documentary was to become completed and didn't have enough time to ask if I had write to use these specific clips which had information on it.

There were a lot of constraints which happened whilst I was filming my documentary such as; when I went to film my time first and main time-laps I filmed it quite late during the day which mean that it got dark before I was able to film from all the other different angles that I wanted to film it at, and lead to me not being able to film my time-laps from all the angles which I wanted to film at during that day and had to come back to complete that. But because I had to come back another day to complete my filming it mean that I was running behind on my schedule and was getting ever so close to the deadline at which I needed all my filming to be complete. Other constraints that I had to do with filming my time-laps is that the second date that I had booked in to finish off my time-laps filming it began to rain just as I reached Croydon high street, which also mean that I was unable to film on that current day for the fact that the water would get on the equipment and would mean that the quality of the film wouldn't be as good as I had hoped and liked.

Another constraint that I had was finding and getting clips which hadn't been copyrighted so that I was able to use them as I didn't have enough time to be able to as the creator and owner of that clip if I would be able to use it within my documentary. All of these contributors meant that my over all documentary wasn't as long as I hoped it would be as I was very limited to the amount of time that I had actually editing and putting all the clips together which I was able to use and also because I didn't have enough time to ask for permission to use the clips and videos of what I would like to of used for my documentary.

The improvements that I would make to my documentary if I was able to re-do and improve my documentary is that I would insure that I interview a vast and wider variety of people and maybe people who were involved with the riots such as police officers and shop owners who were affected by it. I would also give myself more time to be able to complete all of the filming before hand so that I didn't have to worry about completing the task behind schedule and meaning that I have failed the task that I had been given.




-You will then write a report evaluating your own production project work. You will measure and evaluate the extent to which your film has achieved its aims, taking into account the following:

• Client feedback

• Audience feedback

• Peer & Tutor feedback

• Constraints experienced 


No comments:

Post a Comment