Wednesday 18 November 2015

assignment 31.2/5.2


The reason why I suddenly decided to create a documentary about crime in the Croydon area is because I saw that in the local news there had been two stabbings around and close to where I live. The first being that a 18 and 16 year old had been charged for stabbing a 20 year old on the 60 bus, the 60 bus is one of my local busses that I use to often go to Coulson and Croydon, so this article made me realise and think about how close that would of happened and what could of happened if I had just been on the 60 at that particular time.
The second incident that I read about was about was where two teenagers had been stabbed after a fight outside Coulson Waitrose. Coulson Waitrose is also very close to where I live and I often get food and drink from there. This also made me think and realise that someone I know could of been there at the time as I know a lot of people who live around there. This is what made me what to make a documentary about this and try and stop this from happening.

The research that I have done for this is reading and looking online for if there have been any other incidents that have happened around in this areas and what other types of crime happen in my local area. Because if there are other types of crime happening other than just stabbing so that my documentary can focus not just on stabbings, it can focus on other things like thefts, muggings etc.

One way that I did my research was by creating a questionnaire and asking people of different ages and genders that live around the area which I live in if they could complete the questionnaire. The reason why I decided to get people to do this is because I wanted to find out what other people thought about the crime that is happening in the area. I used a selection of different people so that i could see if people of different ages and genders had a different view about it all. I only asked people who live in this area to complete it because there going to be the people most affected by this rather than someone who lives in a completely different area.

The ethical considerations that i will have to make when creating this documentary is that I don’t offend any one who has specific ethical beliefs and could get offended by this. If I do potentially cause offence to someone during my documentary then my documentary could become taken down if i posted it anywhere online and it could also become in effective if people don’t listen or understand what i am trying to tell them.



The final ideas that I have about my documentary is that as I am introducing the documentary I could start off by creating a time laps of Croydon high street so that the audience have got a visual feature to look at as well as listening to me open and introduce the documentary.  Other features that I am going to include in my documentary is interviews from the public and see what there opinion of it all is and how they believe we could stop this from happening. I will also be telling the audience about crimes that have happened in these areas and why it is bad and why it should be stopped.


No comments:

Post a Comment